A Fighting Chance

Shannon Stacey
A Fighting Chance
Click the button for the HTML codes


TOP PICKS


Publisher
Carina Press
Release Date
February 2016
ISBN
9781459290150
Genre
Contemporary Romance

SUMMARY
All work and no play makes Adeline Kendrick a dull girl, so when she heads to a casino resort for a friend's bachelorette weekend, she's ready to have a good time. Until she runs into Brendan Quinn, professional fighter and the one who got away—the one her family drove away—and things take a turn for the interesting.

Running into his ex won't shake Brendan. Even if it brings up the old pain of loving her when she was only slumming. Even if she looks really good. In fact, what better way to get over the past than to take advantage of the still-sizzling chemistry running hot between them? He's there to win an MMA fight, but he won't say no to a little physical relief of a different kind.

But when the weekend is over, Adeline isn't ready to give up her second chance that easily. Brendan is still the one for her, no matter what her family thinks. Now, if only she can convince him of that…

Book Review by Delta (reviewer)
Feb 18, 2016   [ OFFICIAL REVIEW ]
75 people found the following review helpful
There's just something so yummy about big bad MMA fighters that puts them near the top of my book boyfriend occupation list.

Adeline Kendrick is looking forward to a girls' weekend celebrating her BFF's upcoming nuptials, and she's NOT happy that her ex, MMA fighter Brendan Quinn, is fighting at the same casino she's staying at. Brendan was the love of Del's life, the one who walked out on her right after declaring he loved her. The one she never got over. When she learns Brendan's real reasons for walking away, she thinks the two of them can have some smokin' hot closure sex and they'll be able to go their separate ways again. Fortunately for them both, once still isn't enough even after all these years.

A FIGHTING CHANCE is a standalone shortie novella from the uber talented Ms. Stacey. I'm not always a big fan of second-chance romances, but the appeal of a delicious hardcore, inked up guy who's head over heels for the one that got away was too much to resist. Del and Brendan had the kind of "hot dayum" chemistry that could burn down the blackjack table, and Brendan's sweet, priorities-straight demeanor was a real turn on. My only disappointment was that the ending was pretty anticlimactic and rushed. Overall I'd have liked more of this couple and their sexy reunion. And one last housekeeping note: this book only goes up to about 68% on the kindle. The remaining 32% is a preview of Fully Ignited, the third book in Ms. Stacey's fabulous Boston Fire series, so don't skip out on that last portion! You won't regret it!

Bottom Line: While there's nothing particularly groundbreaking in A FIGHTING CHANCE, it's still a well-written story that packs a nice roundhouse kick to the heart, a perfect read when you're in the mood for a short, sweet and sexy little love story.
Was this review helpful to you?   
Follow The Romance Reviews
Send us an email: carole @ theromancereviews.com
Ⓒ 2010 - 2018 The Romance Reviews. All rights reserved.
September 23, 2018 05:15 PM ( EST )